Saturday, December 10, 2005

Top Songs of 2005

I starting making a winter mix CD and decided I might as well make my top songs of 2005 CD. I finished my top 10 CDs of 2005 list as well as other categories for CDs a week or two ago, but I haven't started any of the write up on it yet. I should get that done by Christmas.

Here's the list with a bonus EP to boot. This covers most everything that I listened to in 2005. It's got a few 2004 tunes, but what the hell. They're good songs.

These tracks are in no particular order in terms of best song of the year. They're all awesome in their own way.

Side A
1. The Constantines – Draw Us Lines
2. Stars – Ageless Beauty
3. Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone
4. Death Cab For Cutie – Soul Meets Body
5. Broken Social Scene – Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day)
6. The American Analog Set – Born on the Cusp
7. Steel Train - Better Love
8. The Decemberists – On the Bus Mall
9. Bloc Party – This Modern Love
10. Regina Spektor - Us

Side B
11. The Shout Out Louds – The Comeback
12. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead – Worlds Apart
13. My Chemical Romance – Helena
14. Bomb the Music Industry – Does Your Face Hurt? No? ‘Cause it’s Killing Me!!!
15. Longwave – There’s A Fire
16. Pinback - Blood’s On Fire
17. Biirdie – I Got You (On My Mind)
18. Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine
19. Sufjan Stevens – Chicago
20. Final Fantasy – The CN Tower Belongs to the Dead

Bonus EP
1. The Most Serene Republic – Content Was Always My Favorite Color
2. Chin Up Chin Up – Collide the Tide
3. Small Towns Burn a Little Slower – Wake Up
4. The Cardinal Sin – Where We Shine
5. Somerset – House of Knives
6. Polar State – We Broke Bread
7. Bear vs Shark – 5,6 Kids
8. Copeland – Hold Nothing Back

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

watermarks rajkumar neatly fruitful terribly copper mavens remembrance zeeuw twofold validated
servimundos melifermuly

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home