Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Snowden

Snowden - Victim Card


From Athens, GA to New York and back to Atlanta, Snowden have been getting a buzz around these parts for a while now (as well as elsewhere in the US and the blogosphere).

Fuzzed out guitars and dreamy drum beats give the vocals room to breathe and go their own way. I'll be honest: I've only heard about 3 My Bloody Valentine songs, but this song really reminds me of MBV. Take that with a grain of salt.

I love how this song just lulls and sedates you and you just got lost in the sounds. Maybe its the tempo. Maybe its the soft sung vocals. Maybe its the drums which keep the volume level of the song just above consciousness and just below awareness. No parts in this song are overdone. The song may be understated, but nothing is underdone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home